Google Shopping feeds are now being accepted inside Amazon for the following Google Shopping categories:
- Animals & Pet Supplies
- Arts & Entertainment > Hobbies & Creative Arts > Musical Instrument Accessories
- Arts & Entertainment > Hobbies & Creative Arts > Musical Instruments
- Camera & Optics
- Apparel & Accessories > Jewelry > Watch Accessories
- Apparel & Accessories > Jewelry > Watches
- Home & Garden
- Software > Video Game Software
- Toys & Games
A screenshot and link of the information page on Amazon is shown below:
Amazons controlversial price policythat disallowed users from selling goods cheaper elsewhere has now been removed.
The UK and German governments have pressured Amazon through investigations and it appears to have paid off.
Cavendish Elithorn, OFT Senior Director of Goods and Consumer, said:
“As Amazon operates one of the UK’s biggest e-commerce sites, the pricing on its website can have a wide impact on online prices offered to consumers elsewhere. We are pleased that sellers are now completely free to set their prices as they wish, as this encourages price competition and ensures consumers can get the best possible deals.”
The US site and any outside the EU are unaffected by this changed and still have to adhere to this policy.